Thursday, May 23, 2013

Piaget in my Classroom

To teach analysis of a story at a concrete level I would find a story that the students could relate directly to. The story would have a teenage protagonist dealing with a problem with friends. The students would understand the analysis of the story because it would be just like something that they have dealt with in their own lives. To create disequilibrium I would make sure the story had the protagonist do something different than is typical for my students to do. The students would at first assimilate the information about what the character in the story is doing because it is the same as what they would do. After the disequilibrium of the character doing something that my students probably wouldn't do, I will have them act out the situation for themselves to help them accommodate.

To add to the formal level I would present different hypothetical situations and have them hypothesize how to solve the imaginary problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment