Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Motivation

I will help students overcome learned helplessness by helping them develop learned optimism. I can help the students learn that through self-regulation and self-instruction they can become successful in the future. I will focus and model an incremental view of ability, that when we're not good at something we can change and improve over time. 

Another important way I will help students overcome Iearned helplessness is to meet as many of the needs on Maslow's hierarchy of needs as possible. I can make my classroom safe, help my students feel like they belong and they are loved. I will praise my students' successes so that their need for esteem will be filled. I will fill their needs for cognitive, aesthetic, and self-actualization with the content of my lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment