Sunday, June 16, 2013

Review 2

  1. What are you doing well? I am doing the study guides and reading well.
  2. What are you not doing well? The blogs, obviously. I think about them but don't get around to writing them.
  3. Are you making sufficient progress on your goals? I am definitely learning how to connect with teens better. The field experience was a great way to do that. Through working on my assessment inventory I am getting a lot of good ideas for assessment in my future class. I have become a more efficient learner and I hope I'll be a good teacher but I don't know yet.
  4. List specific things you need to change in order to meet your goals. I need to stick to my schedule more and stop getting distracted by the beautiful summer days outside. Using the 20 minutes then a break rule will give me a little bit of both worlds and I won't fall farther behind.
  5. How is your motivation? Are you focusing on mastery or performance goals? Does anything need to change? My motivation is good. Even with distractions I really like this class and want to learn the material so that I can be a good teacher.
  6. How is your field experience going? Name at least one take-away from your field experience to this point. Field experience is done, just working on the journal. One take away is that none of the theories that we've learned cover all the experiences in the classroom and a combination of theories makes the most sense with the evidence I've seen during the field experience.
  7. What can I (Dr. Cox) do to improve your learning in this course? You're doing great. I have learned so much in this class and I feel like it's really applicable.

No comments:

Post a Comment